Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Project-A-Day for 31 Days ~ Day 17

I have to admit that today I wasn't feeling it at all. I just couldn't get inspired to create!? I flipped through my stack of magazines, looked at projects via the internet, scrolled through my saved files of "things I want to try", browsed through the Close To My Heart idea books and still ....nothing! I couldn't find my creative mojo? I think I had lost it somewhere? Well, I finally opened up my drawer of photos that I keep in my playroom that I want to use in a layout and this photo was calling out to me. I used this pic on my "Rock the Block" flip up window project and decided it needed to be shown off again!

I also think that I work better under pressure? I've noticed that a lot of my creations that are last minute come out better than ones that I have planned out? I suppose that 's because I have a vision in my mind of how I want to do things and once I get there I stumble and it doesn't work out like how I envisioned it in my head. So anyway... here is my Valentine's Day layout...

Today's Art Philosophy cut-outs that I used were:
  1. The Scalloped Square on pg. 54 of the AP handbook
  2. The Scroll Butterfly on pg. 55
  3. The Hearts on pg. 26
*Other supplies used were:
- paper from Cosmo Cricket
- Vintage lace bought at JoAnn's
- "Be Mine" sticker is from Cosmo Cricket as well
- The pewter frame is by Tim Holtz
- Pearl opaque dots are from Close To My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment